Monday, July 7, 2008

Third time is a charm



We went camping this weekend up in Lynchburg, VA. We had a wedding on Saturday. This was Arica's third time that we have tried. First one was at the hunt club when she was about 3 months, I ended up taking her home during the middle of the night. The next attemp was when she was about 5 months, out on the lake. I went home with her then too. So this time there was no going home. I can settle for driving 1 hour home with her, but not no 4 hours.
It took her a while to go to sleep, but once she did, she slept like a little baby taking up majority or the tent to herself. It rained every night, but not during the day so it was over all a good weekend. The rain cooled it off quite a bit. Arica enjoyed playing in the rain and sleeping in it.
We went swimming, rode on the ATV, and ate. Arica got a cupcake all over me and her. It was funny. She had no interest in eatting it, just making a mess. I wish I got a picture of it. But I got a pretty good on of her helping herself to some zuchini bread for breakfast in the rain.

1 comment:

Becki said...

Hey Tabitha, glad to hear Arica is finally okay with camping. We might of had to kick her out of the family otherwise. I sent you an email on you mommy4arica@gmail.com account. I didn't know if you were checking it so I thought I'd give you a reminder here. And just in case you haven't heard within the last hour... God is great, He's more than enough, and He loves you!! How cool is that!!